Before the interview
- DO YOUR Research
- Envision your interview, conduct mock interviews
- Have basic questions ready to answer
- Review the job description and prepare examples of how you can improve systems or follow procedures
- Be able to demonstrate skills and strengths through previous real-life examples
- Be ready to refute any shortcomings or disqualifications
- If you have any gaps in your experience or resume, be sure to have a solid reason the company should still hire you.
- Just in case you forget…. dress to impress, hair counts too!
- Ensure your energy levels will be optimal for your interview
- Get your mindset ready
- Be grateful/positive for the company giving you an opportunity to learn more about the position
- Engage/Respect all the employees you interact with
- Be ready to learn
- Thank the employer/interviewer for their time
- Ask questions after the interview is over, be human!
- Follow up and keep in touch
- Self-evaluate your interview and write notes about yourself and your experience
- Prepare references