Founded in 2000, NURSES Etc STAFFING is dedicated to our mission of providing healthcare facilities with high quality nursing and allied health professionals, excellent customer service, and professional staffing.
We build relationships with healthcare providers based on open communication, respect, and recognition for their contribution to the profession. We strive to set our employees up for success. Our wish is that every client is successful and has a great experience at our company.
Lastly, we are focused on people and relationships. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Use the golden rule. We can all win if we treat our teammates, colleagues, patients, and clients with respect, dignity, kindness, honesty, and compassion.
Remember, “It‘s always a great day at NURSES Etc!”
– Donald L. Mooney, President & CEO
Our Core Values
- Respect – Dignity – Kindness
- Genuine Honesty & Integrity
- Open to ideas & to constructive feedback
- Hard work – Play Hard
- Culture – “A Handshake Is a Deal”
- TAMENOS – It’s Safe… No Armor
- Don’t Shoot the Messenger – Use Rubber Bullets
- Common Ground and Understanding
- Open Environment – where we trust each other
Provide human capital resources and customize workforce solutions to commercial businesses, government, and the Department of Defense. DME is a leader in the staffing industry, establishing a business model that leverages customer service and long-lasting business relationships.
“The premier workplace solutions provider.”
our Executive team
Our management team strives to maintain long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with medical facilities across the country. We do this by sharing goals with our clients to enhance the quality of patient care and efficiency of expenditure. This executive team, along with the staff, are dedicated to providing fast, accurate, and high quality services 24/7 to every client.
Donald L. Mooney
Mr. Donald Mooney, a West Point graduate and former helicopter pilot, is a retired US Army Lieutenant Colonel. This award winning and decorated leader has over 37 years of combined documented success in creating and executing excellence in large and small diversified organizations along with government contracting environments. Mr. Mooney along with his executive team is responsible for pre and post government contract analysis. He oversees all contract operations from cradle to grave.
Kevin Kline has been with Nurse’s Etc. Staffing since 2009. He served in the Air Force for 20 years and retired as an officer. During his time in the military, Kevin worked in operations, training systems, information technology, logistics and business development. Mr. Kline has over 47 years industry experience. As President of DME- Nurse’s Etc. Staffing, he has utilized his experience to strengthen and grow the company over the past 10 years.
Quality Assurance Policy
1. Subcontractors: NURSES Etc STAFFING will not engage subcontractors to provide Assigned Employees unless agreed to in advance by the customer.
2. Floating: Assigned Employees may only be placed in assignments that match the job description for which NURSES Etc STAFFING assigns them; if an Assigned Employee is asked to float to another department with the customer, the department must be a like department or unit and the float employee must have demonstrated previous competency and have the appropriate certifications, credentials for that department/unit. Assigned Employees should only be floated to areas of comparable clinical diagnoses and acuities.
3. Competency Review: It is the responsibility of NURSES Etc STAFFING to conduct and finalize the pre-employment assessment of the Assigned Employee’s competence based on the techniques, procedures, technology and skills needed to provide care, treatment and services to the populations served by the customer upon completion of NURSES Etc STAFFING’ orientation. It shall be the responsibility of the customer to cooperate in a review or evaluation of each Assigned Employee, relative to the employee’s ability to perform specific job functions upon completion of employee’s assignment or shift. NURSES Etc STAFFING relies on the customer’s feedback in order to accurately assess and re-assess the competence of the Assigned Employee on an ongoing basis based on the customer’s report of clinical performance.
4. Orientation of Employees: NURSES Etc STAFFING will provide all new employees with an orientation to the company’s policies and procedures. It shall be the responsibility of customer to orient assigned employees to the facility and its rules and regulations and to acquaint them with the facility policies and procedures, including dress code, physical layout and equipment and to validate competency and ability of Assigned Employee to properly use equipment.
5. Employees and Independent Contractors: As the provider of staffing services, NURSES Etc STAFFING will be the employer of Assigned Employees and shall not by reason of their temporary assignment with the customer through NURSES Etc STAFFING become employees of the customer. At its sole discretion NURSES Etc STAFFING reserves the right to utilize Independent Contractors in addition to its employees, to assist in the provision of all agreed upon Healthcare Supplemental Staffing services.
6. Incident, Error, Tracking System: Upon notification of Incidents and or Errors, NURSES Etc STAFFING shall document and track all unexpected incidents, including errors, sentinel events and other events, such as injuries and safety hazards related to the care and services provided, utilizing its data gathering tools. Information gathered, tracked and analyzed is shared and reported appropriately to customers and regulatory bodies as required.
7. Communicating Occupational Safety Hazards/Events: It shall be the responsibility of the customer to notify NURSES Etc STAFFING within 24 hours of the event; any competency issues, incidents, and/or complaints related to the Assigned Employee and/or NURSES Etc STAFFING. Customer agrees to initiate communication with NURSES Etc STAFFING whenever an incident/injury report related to the Assigned Employee is completed
8. Requirements for Staff Specified: The requirements of staff sent to the customer by NURSES Etc STAFFING are to be determined by the customer as part of the written agreement between the two parties. It is NURSES Etc STAFFING’ obligation to comply with the requirements of the customer by supplying staff that have the documented competencies, credentials, health screening and experience to satisfy the requirements specified by the customer in order to deliver safe care to the population being served.
9. NURSES Etc STAFFING shall verify the Assigned Employee’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience that match requirements for the assignment. Matching the Assigned Employee’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience matching the specified requirements of the assignment may include the use of new grad practitioners for Allied personnel and non-licensed nursing personnel such as sitters, caregivers and nursing assistants, it may also include licensed nursing personnel upon the request or approval of the customer.
The NURSES Etc STAFFING office, located in San Antonio, TX. is open Monday through Friday from the hours of 8:30am – 5:30pm. In the event of an emergency please contact us 24 hours per day, seven days a week at 210-566-9995. In the event of an emergency, natural disaster or other uncontrollable event, NURSES Etc STAFFING will continue to provide service to you through our corporate network from a location where phones and computers are functional. NURSES Etc STAFFING will do everything possible to support you in meeting your needs during crisis situation(s). A copy of our Emergency Management Plan is available upon request. Our goal is to always provide you with a consistent level of service. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service or the service provided by one of our healthcare professionals, we encourage you to contact the local manager to discuss the issue. NURSES Etc STAFFING has processes in place to resolve customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner. If the resolution does not meet your expectation, we encourage you to call the NURSES Etc STAFFING corporate office at 210-566-9995. A corporate representative will work with you to resolve your concern.